Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant is seeking a public relations specialist II to join our communications team. We seek an applicant with a demonstrated interest in the environment and who has shown skills in creating content about related topics for print and/or multimedia. The public relations specialist II will work with the communications staff to promote Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant’s research, education and outreach initiatives through various communications platforms, including the production of content used for print and electronic communications. Duties include, but are not limited to, developing promotional materials (flyers, web graphics, brochures, etc.) designing Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant’s electronic newsletter, and developing story maps, consumer products and videos. Applicants should have experience with social media, graphic design and, preferably, video production. The position is based in Brunswick, Ga., with some travel required.
Duties will include the following, depending on the candidate’s interests and experience:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the program’s graphic design needs, creating print and electronic materials requested by staff.
- Assist with content creation and maintenance of communications platforms including Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant monthly newsletter, website and social media.
- Coordinate the creation of digital content (e.g., videos, website, blogs, social media and podcasts).
- Assist with promoting public programs by updating email lists, posting events to online event calendars, writing event releases.
- Participate in Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant events to document (photo/video) program projects and accomplishments for use in print and electronic communications.
- Engage in writing and editing to communicate the program’s activities and impacts in print and digital formats.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital media, communications or related field and 3-4 years of relevant experience with print and electronic communications OR equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Excellent interpersonal/communications skills.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills.
- Good skills in organization, prioritization and time management.
- Experience with visual communication principles and web design.
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design
- Demonstrated experience in writing for lay audiences
- Demonstrated experience in developing and/or maintaining a website
- Demonstrated experience in videography and photography
- Demonstrated experience in Adobe Creative Suite software
The direct link to the posting is: https://www.ugajobsearch.com/postings/17672
Posting number is S00465P
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three graphic design or writing samples that demonstrate how you meet the qualifications for this position, and contact information, including phone numbers, for three professional references. All applications received by March 16, 2018, will be assured consideration.