Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant is seeking a administrative manager/fiscal officer to be based at the program’s headquarters offices in Athens, Ga. The fiscal officer works closely with the Director of Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant, the Sea Grant Associate Director, and the Administrative Financial Director in areas of program management and administration. Grant management responsibilities include serving as a liaison between Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant, the UGA’s Sponsored Projects, and the National Sea Grant Office. This position is responsible for assisting faculty in proposal preparation, processing, and award administration. Fiscal Officer is also responsible for financial and administrative management of awards, including management of awards during pre-award stage; monitoring all stages of award implementation, preparing status updates for faculty; and termination of contract or grant. This position is responsible for coordinating accounting, budgeting, auditing, and other financial or related functions to ensure financial integrity of Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant.
- Manage and provide oversight for all fiscal and accounting aspects of grants management for funds awarded to Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant from federal and other sources.
- Maintain all summary accounting records for fiscal reports to awarding agencies.
- Maintain database and grants management system for use by the Director and Associate Directors in monitoring project expenditures and cost-sharing commitments for all Marine Extension and Sea Grant awards.
- Work closely with Sea Grant Associate Director to manage all awards using electronic Sea Grant (eSG) system.
- Work closely with the UGA Sponsored Projects in writing and awarding subcontracts to all statewide university, agency and institutional recipients of Marine Extension and Sea Grant funds.
- Prepare all fiscal documents and other certifying financial instruments and audit all grants awarded and provide responses to all audit questions relating to compliance with state or federal regulations.
- Represent Georgia Sea Grant in Sea Grant’s Fiscal Officer network, serve as a fiscal liaison between Georgia Sea Grant and the National Sea Grant Office, represent Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant in UGA’s OneSource Grants assignments/training, other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and four years management experience; OR eight (8) years related management experience; OR equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and/or Competencies
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
The direct link to the posting is: http://www.ugajobsearch.com/postings/17779. Posting number is S00499P
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information, including phone numbers, for three professional references. All applications received by March 30, 2018, will be assured consideration.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (email@example.com). Please do not contact the department or search committee with such requests.