Youth Ocean Conservation Summit
The Youth Ocean Conservation Summit empowers middle and high school students across the country with the knowledge, skills and resources necessary to successfully implement ocean conservation projects in their local communities.
Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant will host the Youth Ocean Conservation Summit (YOCS) for students grades 7-12 from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019.
The summit will take place at the Marine Education Center and Aquarium on Skidaway Island near Savannah.
This event will allow student participants to:
- Learn about ocean conservation topics, including marine debris, invasive species, animal husbandry, and sustainable development.
- Find out about citizen science efforts that help keep our oceans healthy.
- Develop community project plans concerning ocean conservation.
- Attend skill-building workshops on fundraising and leadership.
- Connect and network with other interested students and professionals.
The summit is limited to 50 students on a first-come, first-serve basis. A $20 registration fee includes lunch and all materials.
The fifth annual Youth Ocean Conservation Summit is FULL!
Please considering joining us for the summit in 2020.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.