Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant is seeking a public relations specialist to join our communications team. We seek an applicant with a demonstrated interest in the environment and who has shown skills in creating content about related topics for print and multimedia. The public relations specialist will work with the communications staff to promote Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant’s research, education and outreach initiatives through various communications platforms, including the production of video and photo stories and developing content for print and electronic communications. The position is based in Brunswick, Ga., with some travel required.
Duties will include the following, depending on the candidate’s interests and experience:
- Assist with the production of publications including Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant monthly newsletter, website stories and press releases
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the program’s graphic design needs, creating print and electronic materials requested by staff.
- Assist with social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Develop print and electronic materials requested by staff including brochures, guides, flyers, short videos, etc.
- Engage in writing and editing to communicate the program’s activities and impacts in print and electronically.
- Participate in Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant events to document (photo/video) program projects and accomplishments for use in print and electronic communications.
- Assist with promoting public programs by updating email lists, posting events to online event calendars, writing event news releases, distributing flyers to local organizations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The direct link to the posting is:
Posting number is 20171747.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three writing or graphic design samples that demonstrate how you meet the qualifications for this position, and contact information, including phone numbers, for three professional references. All applications received by October 13, 2017 will be assured consideration.
The University of Georgia is an EEO/AA Institution. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.